Thursday, November 17, 2011

Full Color Scene and Storyboard

Elevator Line:
In a grungy urban setting, a graffiti character is inspired to climb his way up the wall from the darkness in which hes been sprayed and into the light.

Scenes:
I decided to mock up two different scens from what I'm envisioning for the project so far.
First we have the opening scene of the animation where the character first comes to life.
Second I mocked up the scene in where the character first starts his journey upward.
I'm still not entirely 100% on the aesthetic or the character design, but they're still works in progress.

Storyboard:
As far as my story board goes, I didn't have to change a whole lot, but the biggest thing was that I needed an inciting incident. I decided to use a leaf falling on the character as that, because I found that the space in which I envisioned starting the character had a lot of leaves already on the ground. I also like the idea of something natural kicking off this urban journey.
The spatial aspects of the story board are still not 100% as its relies heavily on the space thats already there. I've gone and taken many pictures of the area so far, but I need to do more. I also need to plan out his journey amongst it more throughly.

Story:
So far my story actually pretty closely follows the "three act structure".

Act 1: It opens with a showing the character sitting still in his place on the wall, and a few seconds later a leaf falls and lands on the character. This is the inciting incident for the character to get up and start moving. From there the character starts to walk melancholy like around his environment. A the end of Act 1 he sees a ray of light shining down and is inspired to climb towards it.

Act 2: The begging of this is where the character starts to climb upwards. Hes using the objects in the environemt around him and some of the graffiti already on the wall to hoist himself upwards. He starts to get closer and closer to the top, except he slips and falls. He is eventually caught by on an object before falling all the way down. Here the character lies still and the camera starts to pan away.

Act 3: The climax is as the camera pans away and another light ray slowly shines down upon his face illuminating it. This inspires the character again to pick himself up and start climbing upwards. His journey starts again, but its not any particularly easier. He finally makes his way to the top of the building and sits down to rest staring at the sky and being finally completely illuminated. The camera pans away towards the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment