Thursday, December 1, 2011

Second Test Render and Resume

W.I.P crit:

Well for my animation so far, the main thing I got accomplished was reshooting my entire background and sticthing it together. This time the photos are all in focus and it looks much better, in my humbley awesome opinion. I also changed how I was making my transition from light to dark, but I feel the bottom should be a little more darker. I also put my my new background in the animation and made it look correct.

So on the character front, I solved the problem I was having with his multple layered parts and opacity. Originally since he was different layers parts of him would double up on his transparency, making him darker than I wanted. Now I'm doing all my animation with him as a solid and then precompsing. This allowed me to set a uniform opacity over him. This also allowed me to apply the "roughen edges" effect to him to make him look more like spray paint.


As far as actually animating, I didnt get a whole lot down, but I attempted to animate the falling leaf beginning. I ran into a problem though as without puppet points it looked very stiff even when 3D was enabled, but when I would try and move applied puppet points aftereffects just kept crashing. I don't know what the problem was, but it was rather annoying. Oh well I think it'll be okay later today.

Resume:
Overall, im pretty happy with how my resume looks so far, but making a new email was kind of annoying as I had to end up using my whole name. Apparently theres a slew of John Furrs creating gmail accounts somewhere. I should destroy them....

Anywhom, heres my resume thus far.

John Merrell Furr
75 Oldfield Circle, Montgomery AL, 36117
(334) 220-1487
johnmerrellfurr@gmail.com
To obtain a full-time position in the field of design with an emphasis on motion design; special interests include animation, web design, and typography.

Education

Memphis College of Art Aug 2009 – Present Candidate for Bachelor of Design Arts
with a concentration in Digital Media, Fall 2013

Skills

Adept at both Windows and Mac platforms
Design - Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
Animation – Aftereffects, Animate Pro
Web – HTML, CSS, JavaScript
Conceptual – Storyboarding, character and concept development

Experience

2009 – Present: Mac Lab Assistant
Memphis College of Art, Memphis, TN
Managing computer labs, providing tech support, and upkeep

2004 – 2009: Video projection and Light Technician
Aldersgate United Methodist Church, Montgomery, AL
Managed projectors, mixed and fade material, set light cues, and timed lyrics

Honors

Earned the Rank of Eagle Scout
Boy Scouts of America

No comments:

Post a Comment